Web designing is something that works like a ‘memorable impression’ on everyone who visits a particular website. A good website can not only increase client base, but can also help maintain the existing customers for that website. The kind of views that a website can get depends a lot on the kind of design that it has. And having a good web design can be probably the best investment for a website.
Web designing is a task that works on certain principles. And these principles, if applied well can help spread the website’s services to not just one but millions of other websites all across the world. Therefore, here’s a list of principles that can help one understand effective web designing:
- The objective of the website:The main objective of a website is basically to fulfil the requirements of what the visitor wants to see. The purpose of it can be different for different people. Thus, simply put, it should be able to serve everyone’s purpose.
- Communication: This is by far the most important thing that the audience looks for in the website. What they’re looking for, should basically be able to fulfil their understanding and should be easily communicated. If, for example, one is looking for Press Release Distributions that should clearly be mentioned on the website along with a little information about what it can do.
- Font: One of the most basic things that a client would ever notice is how well they’re able to read the text. Mostly, fonts that are most clearly visible are Arial and Veranda. This is very important for online marketing.
4.Page Colour:The next thing that just catches our eyes is the colour of the page. Usually, if the background is too bright, the text doesn’t seem very attractive and one simply loses out on all the information he/she wanted to gather. Thus, the colour of the page plays a huge role.
- Images and Illustrations: People understand better through pictures and illustrations. They’re able to understand the practicality of something only if they’re able to identify what they’re able to understand. And so, placing pictures on websites is a great marketing idea.
- Tracking and Navigating: This tool basically helps the clients understand how it is like to look around in the website, that is, go to other links and documents mentioned there. A good navigation tool always makes it simple for the client to surf through the website and get information easily.
- Placement: The content present on the website not only gives out information, but also has a huge task of being appealing. If there’s information that is placed vaguely, all over the page, it has the tendency of confusing the client and thus, they eventually lose interest. Placement is thus important.
- Reading Pattern: There’s mostly a behaviour that is seen when one is reading on a particular website. According to research, people usually follow the ‘F’ pattern. This means that they mostly read what is mentioned at the top left of the screen and prefer reading the left side of the page. This should always be considered while designing a good webpage.
- Waiting to load: No one likes waiting for websites to load. It is important that websites work on keeping a small size for pictures and scaling down their content on the website by changing their HTML language and Java Scripts.
- Mobile friendly: And lastly, all websites should be mobile friendly since people find it impractical to carry laptops everywhere, they surf on their phones. And thus, websites should be flexible and should be able to work well on mobiles.
A good website that fulfils all such principles is Wisdek, an organisation that has used 14 years of their experience and has formed spectacular web designs for other pages and has used the best of tools to do so.